Update

So I spent all of last week trying to follow my new chore schedule.  It was so great to not have to make a decision about what to do each day. Everything was planned in advance from chores to meals and it took a lot of stress and anxiety away.  The decision process was brought down to the bare minimum.  All I had to do was decide to do it.  Not as easy as it sounds, LOL.  I have to admit that sometimes the procrastination got to me and some things were left undone or postponed.  It's okay though.  I'm not beating myself up over it.  I'll just tackle it this week.  I need to remain flexible with this process or I'll drive myself insane.  

All in all, I'm satisfied.  I tackled one of my problem spots that had me anxiety ridden; the laundry room.  I wasn't able to finish all the laundry because I had to tackle the clutter first, but I should be able to finish everything come next laundry day.   

I haven't taken medication for the ADD for a couple of years. I was on Strattera, and frankly, I hate how it made me feel.  I felt light headed or numb and my appetite completely went away which made it really hard to plan meals and do groceries.  This led me to try to overcome some of this on my own.  I have an appointment to get re-evaluated for ADHD and social anxiety, and I have another one to begin treatment so I'm hoping that once I get back on medication and proper treatment that some of this will be easier.  

7 comments:

Concerned American Citizen March 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

Following back. Thank you for the follow. I know ADD isn't easy, my son has ADHD, and it's a constant challenge for him and me. I hate going in my laundry room too. Not because of old clutter, but because newly made kid clutter, my children like to throw everything on the floor in there. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Glynis March 2, 2011 at 7:06 AM  

Following back.
I hate chores and every time I have tried to make a schedule something goes wrong and I never get through the list. My new theory is it will still be there tomorrow.
From one Blogaholic to another. You're right it's a good name for a new blog. Maybe I will start one.

Mary @SweepingMe March 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

My daughter has ADHD. When she is on her medication it is wonderful she's focused and can concentrate on the task she's on. When she is not it's complete chaos. Me and her father have been since the beginning of putting her on the medication have talked to her about trying to overcome this as she grows. We have a weekly discussion about it.

Mary/SweepingMe

Veronica Lee March 4, 2011 at 1:45 AM  

Hi! I'm a new follower on GFC!

Have a nice day!

Unknown March 6, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

New follower via GFC. I swear I have ADD. I can't stick to a single thing. The chore list seems like a great idea...maybe something I should try!

Lynne March 7, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

Hi! Thanks for stopping by One Busy Chick and following on Twitter :) I am following you as well and understand your ADD tendencies all too well, as both my husband and son have ADHD and ODD. It's a roller coaster at times but hey what doesn't kill us right ;) Have a super day!

Pam March 7, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

Hi, thanks for linking up with us at MFM. I'm returning your follow from The Thrifty Things. I know ADD is no picnic. My son has ADD, and I have a mild case. Good luck with your appointment.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Etsy Kids

Like

Blog Archive

Site Info