Having A Bad Day!

Ok, so this week hasn't been a very good week for me. Life with ADD is such a roller coaster. Last week I was so energetic, optimistic and determined. This week I've been slow, and so unmotivated to do anything. I did get my upstairs loft area decluttered and straightened up. It really wasn't as bad I thought. It's still could use a dusting and a vacuuming which I should get to today. I've been keeping up with my chore schedule the best I can so it doesn't accumulate but it's not going as well as last week.

I've been researching ADD this week...again. ADD runs in my family, and I suppose I've looked at is a quirk more than as a disease so reading about it as such is pretty depressing. It's brought me down a lot, and I'm finding it hard to see the bright side of things today. I have found a lot of interesting articles about the subject, but I'm on information overload.

I didn't sleep very well last night, again. I'm starting to have trouble sleeping. I've been taking Tylenol PM to sleep and that helps sometimes, but I try not to use it all the time. My daughter has a toy camera that talks. Last night she insisted on sleeping with it. Well, every time she turned it would talk and wake everyone up. Finally, at 4 a.m. I went in there and took it away. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well, and I think I may be feeling the effects of it. I am sluggish and developing a migraine.

It's been gloomy and rainy all week. That hasn't helped. I usually enjoy this kind of weather, but it does nothing for my energy and motivation.

My oldest daughter, who is almost 3, hasn't been taking her afternoon nap consistently. She has always been a good sleeper and that nap usually gives me 3-4 hours to myself. She does stay in her room playing quietly most of the time instead of napping. I just hope this doesn't mark the end of her nap time. I love her to death and she's a great kid but I need the time to myself.

4 comments:

Debra Gray-Elliott March 12, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

First, thanks for stopping by Establishing Christian Parenting and following. Glad you like the blog. Second, I am now a follower. I love this post. My adult daughter has ADD and anxiety disorder. Most days can be overwhelming.

Anonymous March 12, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm following you back! :) Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Kim
http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com

Anonymous March 12, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

And I just went back to finish reading your post...super tired! Sorry! LOL

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope your weekend/upcoming week gets better :)

Shell March 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Oh, I hope she's not done napping for you! My oldest 2 stopped at 3 and my youngest stopped at 2!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Etsy Kids

Like

Blog Archive

Site Info