A Whirlwind To Reckon With

This week, I have resolved to get back to work. I have a home business and a little online shop. Did I ever mention that? Well, I do, and this week I decided to get back to work on a new collection. So, in addition to getting back on task with my chore schedule, I have taken this on too. The two combined, plus a plethora of other daily tasks I have to stay on top of, has caused a cerebral whirlwind to be reckoned with. As I write this, I should be mopping the floors (one of the chores scheduled for Tuesdays. It is Tuesday, right? Well, it better be!). I started to move the chairs around our breakfast table but had to sit down when I felt light headed and woozy.

Yesterday wasn't much better either. I was sitting at the breakfast table working, as my husband came home from work. I had finally started some of the sewing on this project. Of course, I was hyperfocused, and his coming home meant it was time to get ready to go do groceries. The girls had to be woken up, changed and fed. I REALLY did NOT want to tear away from what I was doing--much less go do groceries--but somehow, I did. As I proceeded to the kitchen to get dinner ready, I began to have a panic attack. I couldn't breath and my chest felt tight. I froze in the middle of the kitchen. My husband held me for a moment. I couldn't even explain to him what I was feeling much less give him a give him a reason for it. I went to my comfy rocking chair, wrapped myself in a throw, and sat down. I sat there and just breathed deeply until I could think clearly. My husband took over dinner duty, and I was able to take my time getting going again.

I slowly began to relax and my thoughts felt like they were in order again. I got the girls ready, we ate, did groceries and came home. With all that done and over with, I was able to get back to work with a clearer head. And now...back to mopping...with a clearer head :) 

I'm really grateful for this outlet.  My putting all of this stuff out there into the void plus some of your responses really helps me cope and to sort through my thought and feelings.  So thank you dear void, and thanks to everyone out there reading this.

5 comments:

Marilyn March 25, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

Loving Your Blog.. Officially following you from blog’hop.. Hope you can stop by my blog sometime.. I'm Marilyn from http://www.theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ excited to indulge in your posts.. :))

Unknown April 28, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

Hello,
Following you back. I love the looks of the paper on your blog. Makes it feel more like a jotter. I know what you mean with it being scary not remembering something you did. My ability to multi-task is dwindling down to nothing and I am constantly finding things I have done, or things I have told myself to remember not done lol. I hate to see what I am going to be like with my kids. I think my mother is bad :/ Have a good one!

Renee Hand May 9, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

I nominated you for a versatile award. Check it out at http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
Thanks and great blog.
Renee

Debbie May 13, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

I go on what I call "spin cycle". My husband calls it "fetal position" . He hopes not to find me in "it" when he comes home, but when he does, he's a saint. I'm doing better but I never take his support for granted.

JoshandStefi May 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

Well firstly its pretty great to have a husband that is there to back up for you when your not feeling well... good man.

Secondly, you work very hard tia! Proud of you, but never forget that God is the one that ultimately brings the peace and in my case is the one that brings me inspiration and O2 to keep going =)

Love you, Miss you,
God Bless

P.S. I really love your Blogs and your Little Shop its sweeeeet =D

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Etsy Kids

Like

Blog Archive

Site Info